The latest edition of the Monthly Tigers magazine hit newsstands today and I was sure to get my copy for the morning commute. As I thumbed through it and even read an article, I realized just how cool an organization this is. Yes, this is just another way for them to market their product, but they also offer a lot to their fans in return. Chalk full of interviews, features, profiles, posters, team history and prize offers, the 410 yen cost is a bargain. It’s also Japanese reading (and sometimes translation) practice for me as well! Who could ask for anything more?
- Opening feature: The three main forces on this 80th anniversary team
- Close-up Interview: Tsuyoshi Nishioka
- Another Side View: Nishioka
- Pinstripe Report: Awakening from Spring Hibernation
- Tigers’ Diary: Kazuhiko Kudo
- Players’ Note: Keisuke Kanoh
- Tigers’ History (1935-1957): Masaru Honma
- Pop’N Talk – Hiroya Shimamoto
- Tigers Farm Report
- Take Care of my Son – Tsuyoshi Ishizaki
- Tigers Data Analysis
- Short Q & A – Taiga Egoshi
- Teammates Talk About – Ryota Arai
- Advice Column – Katsuo Hirata
Once again, if any of these really interest you and you’d like an English translation (or summary), let me know! I can’t promise anything but I’ll do what I can!