Just looking at today’s headlines on Sanspo.com’s Tigers page, we can see a lot of interesting things:
- Mauro Gomez was taken too lightly by DeNA’s pitching staff twice, and he made them pay in the end with a walk-off sacrifice fly in the bottom of the 10th.
- Seung-hwan Oh pitched two perfect innings, and was able to control his pitches well in the 9th and 10th.
- Yamato is back in perfect form in the number 2 slot in the batting order, and now has 50 sacrifice bunts on the season.
- Tsuyoshi Nishioka scored last night’s game-winning run, and now sports a ridiculous .625 on-base percentage as a pinch hitter.
- Oh’s representative gave him encouraging words, saying, “I knew he would pitch this well.”
- Fujii became the 467th player in NPB history to play in 1000 career games.
- Ryota Arai is making progress in his recovery from lower back injury, taking 22 practice swings and clearing the fence with one of them.
- Hiroki Uemoto has gone 24 plate appearances without a hit now. Wada wants to see him collect a few more bases in the games ahead.